CPD Hours: 2 (Two) Approved
Presented by: CPD House
The Hon. Justice Rick Libman, Ph.D. (Osgoode) of the Ontario Court of Justice
Mr.Michael Huynh, (Guest Speaker) Director of Professional Conduct, ICCRC
Ms. Leslie Jansson, Specialized Trainer, Instructor and Educator at CCEC
Mr. Muhammad Watto. B.A., LL.B., Member LSO (P1)
Name/title of event:
COVID-19: Current Immigration Policies and Implications of travel restrictions due to the novel coronavirus.
Program date: August 29, 2020
On March 16, 2020, the Prime Minister announced travel restriction measures that will restrict air travel to Canadians, permanent residents and families of Canadians to protect Canada from the outbreak of COVID-19.
This seminar will cover common questions about the IRCC current policy, restrictions and other impacts; COVID-19 is having on Foreign Workers, Students, Approved Permanent Residents and Refugees.
Seminar presentation (Mr. M. Watto)
4. Program delivery update: COVID-19 –Additional travel restriction measures;
5. How COVID-19 is affecting business at IRCC?
6. Implications of travel restrictions on IRCC clients;
7. Operational status of visa offices outside Canada or in Land operations;
8. Functional status of Courts or IRB Tribunals;
9. Inadmissibility due to COVID-19 or related violations;
10. Will a foreign national be able to remain in Canada if in the country legally?
Professionalism: (Joint Presentation by All Educators) Additional Free Presentation. (Optional for RCICs). Additional Regulatory and Procedural Matter on Practice Management (Professionalism for Paralegals and Lawyers)
Areas to Cover:
Justice Libman’s Presentation:
Mr. Michael Huynh, Director of Professional Conduct, ICCRC
• Change in operations at ICCRC owing to COVID-19
• Measures taken by the ICCRC as a regulatory body to support and guide RCICs during COVID-19
• Professional Obligations to protect clients’ interests and to comply with regulatory matters
Ms. Leslie Jansson’s Presentation
Q & A
24/ Online Support:
How to register, access and system requirements
Copyright © 2012-2020 Canadian Career Education College O/A CPD House